Tuesday, August 8, 2017

July 24 - 30, 2017 - Pfeifferhorn

Monday: 5.0 miles, 3365', 18:45 pace. Grandeur Peak, Salt Lake City.

I had enough time to get in a quick, hot lap of this local favorite before needing to show up for work. My time sucked but I felt indifferent. It's pretty cool that there's this kind of terrain available so close to a prosperous metro area, but I don't think I could live here. Everyone is crammed into suburbs in the lowlands at the base of the Wasatch Front. A nice place to visit, but rural New Hampshire is home for me.



Tuesday: 9.9 miles, 1400', 9:41 pace. Run up City Creek Canyon in a light morning rain. Pretty cool that I can start from a hotel downtown and be with the coyotes, rabbits, and deer within a few miles.


Wednesday - Saturday: Zero. Too much food, booze, work, and a grouchy hamstring.

Sunday: 9.8 miles, 3919', 14:21 pace. Run up the Pfeifferhorn in Little Cottonwood Canyon with a friend.










Week Totals: 24.8 miles, 8678', 5h 32m. Crap for mileage, but decent gain, considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment