Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Week 08: February 20 - 26, 2017 - Hyannis Marathon

Monday: 7.3 miles, 367', 6:46 pace. Unplanned marathon pace workout; it felt good so I rolled with it.

Tuesday: 6.2 miles, 302', 7:30 pace. Easy run on shoveled bike path with some scrambling thrown in. There's a small trash and graffiti-strew cliff in Manchester that catches enough sun to melt out fairly quickly. It makes for a fun little class 3/4 detour with a good view of the city.




Wednesday: 6.3 miles, 305', 9:31 pace. Easy run with some scrambling with co-workers.

Thursday: 9.7 miles, 650', 7:23 pace.

Friday: Zero.

Saturday: 4.2 miles, 187', 8:20 pace. Easy shake out.

Sunday: 26.2 miles, 213', 6:49 pace. Hyannis Marathon in 2:58:33 net time.

Given the effort:result ratio, I'm pretty satisfied with this one. For less than half the training volume, I ran less than five minutes slower than my PR at Hyannis in 2014. This was my second time running sub-3 hours and with a 1:27 / 1:32 split, one of the more evenly paced road marathons I've run. By that, I mean that the second half didn't turn into a total shit show, helped by a couple write-off training weeks that tempered my expectations and kept me from going out too fast.

My stated goal when I signed up for Hyannis around New Years was to qualify for Boston 2018 with a solid time margin and sub-3 hours as a stretch goal. I came away with both of those met, so that's a bit of an uplift. Hopefully I can fit in a full training cycle and push for a personal best next year.

In any case, I'm looking forward to getting back on some snow-free trails and working on my climbing strength.

Totals: 60.4 miles, 2024', 7h 23m.

No comments:

Post a Comment