Friday, August 10, 2012

Wasatch Wanderings

Every now and then my job sends me somewhere interesting, usually at the last minute. This time a call came on Friday night and by Tuesday morning I was on the ground in sunny Salt Lake City, Utah. While I'm kept pretty busy with work when on the road, I do usually manage to fit a few runs in. SLC is a great place for that, with good quality trails accessible right from downtown, as well as the Wasatch-Cache National Forest only a few minutes away.

And so it was, that I was able to hook up with a few other runners for a night run in Millcreek Canyon.


The famous "Boxing Bear" carved into an aspen tree in some high meadows many years ago by a shepherd named Frank.


I also managed to slip away long enough to run up Mount Olympus early in the morning. The Salt Lake valley sleeps below.


Sunrise on the summit.


Good mooooooorning, Utah!


The top was a cool place to hang out alone for a while. I wish I could have stayed longer and explored some more, but my flight home was calling.


As much as I like the West, there's no place like home. It's good to be back in New Hampshire.

1 comment: